Return Safely to Work: How Flexible Office Space and the Latest Technologies Diminish Challenges in the New Normal?
Going back to work is not going to be the same in the post-COVID-19 era.
Even though some workspaces are opening their doors to employees encouraged by the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccination program in India, physical occupancy remain low at offices and shared workspaces.
The situation has led to the growth of hybrid workspace models, which includes flexible workspaces.
In fact, a study from Deloitte states that 94% of respondents indicated that they would benefit from work flexibility due to the advantages of lowering stress and improving mental health, and better work-life balance.
Additionally in the report ‘A 360⁰ view of India’s flexible workspaces’, in the first nine months of 2020, the Indian flex space market witnessed net absorption of more than 17 million sq.ft.
Flexible workspaces lets companies of various sizes to work from multiple locations within their city of residence. This way, the workforce can choose to work from an office address that is closer home and cuts down the commute time. This helps them spend more time with their family. Moreover, flexi-office spaces facilitate easy collaboration and interaction with colleagues and clients on a frequent basis.
Going forward, companies are going to reconsider opening their premises given the benefits of collaboration and motivation that only face-to-face interaction brings to the table even with flexible work solutions in place. But to make this possible, they need a lot of new-age technologies.
Here are some real time examples of technologies that are making waves and helping workspaces safer to return back.
- CCTV and Thermal Cameras– AI Company Staqu has good news for those who want to monitor safe, social distancing at work. Its new video analytics software uses CCTV and thermal cameras to monitor employee body temperature and detect social distancing in real time. Similarly, there are technologies that offer entry based on body temperature checks as a first line of defence.
- UV-Based Air Purification – UV Angel, a startup takes the problem of harmful air circulation and solves it with an air treatment system. This technology constantly neutralizes the harmful bacteria and particles using light purification. The best part is that it is easy to install in a traditional light fixture and circulate the clean air back in the space. Another UV sanitation solution from Ashla Systems uses hospital-grade UVC rays to eliminate disease-causing pathogens in empty elevators.
- Spatial Intelligence – Soon enough, we will be able to see improved spatial intelligence tech, which can help businesses monitor occupancy in real time, and alert when certain areas in the workspace reach maximum capacity. Staqu, Zensors and Contatrack are some of the names that are doing significant work in this direction.
- Virtual Interactions – Experimentations in AR/VR are in order and help capture human qualities. Spatial is currently helping employees use 3D avatars to interact, including high-fives and handshakes.
- Autonomous Cleaning –While there are some premium, Grade A buildingsthat include contactless taps, bathroom cleaning tech is going to change for the best. Companies such as Skoon and NanoSeptic are creating self-cleaning solutions that can be attached to door handles, including the ones at the entrance or meeting rooms and restrooms. It is a very pronounced way of reassuring hygiene practices at workspaces. In the same vein, UV Angel is using light treatment for cleaning surfaces such as those of monitors and keyboards, when they are not being used.
The post-COVID-19 workspace is going to be completely different experience for both employers and employees. Companies need to clearly communicate to their employees about their safety, privacy and hygiene. This will encourage them to return to work.
Why Choose CorporatEdge Flexible Offices?
CorporatEdge offers the perfect-fit workspaces for businesses. From private cabins to team offices with ergonomic furniture, and state-of-the-art meeting rooms, there is everything needed to reduce the moving downtime for businesses looking forward to accommodating their workforce.
CorporatEdge follows stringent COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Select from our hygienic, sanitized, and secure workspaces situated at prominent business locations in New Delhi, Gurgaon, and Bangalore.
Talk to us for customized workspace solutions today! Reach CE experts at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at: +91-8287566777